10 Ways Being an Author is like Being A Parent!
10 Ways Being an Author is like Being a Parent!
1. Releasing a new book is equivalent to announcing a new baby’s arrival in an author’s life.
2. Authors love to show off their new ‘babies’ (i.e. book covers) just as much as parents love to show off their children’s pictures. Just check out their Facebook timeline.
3. Even though authors want to show off their ‘babies’ (i.e. books), they also want to protect them from all negativity in the world (i.e. bad reviews).
4. Authors carry each one of their children (i.e. stories) for months before seeing them be born.
5. Authors are proud of their ‘babies’ when they succeed, and embarrassed—but still love them—when they fail.
6. Authors, often unknowingly, transfer their own personality traits on to their ‘babies’ (i.e. the characters in their books).
7. Authors get the privilege of naming their ‘babies’ anything they choose—and often take a lot of heat for choosing the wrong names.
8. Authors, just like parents, always think their ‘babies’ are the best in the world and that everyone should love them as much.
9. Authors’ legacies live on through their ‘babies’.
10. An author’s mood at any given time can range between sad, happy, nervous, embarrassed, and proud, depending on recent interactions with their ‘babies’ – yep, sounds like a parent to me!
The (other) best worst job in the world!!